We currently have 12 general practitioners and 4 registrars who are qualified doctors training to become GPs. We also have 3 advanced practitioners who can prescribe most medications and a nursing team.
The practice welcomes new patients. Please call the main number 0191 4772169 to register.
Our practice is highly patient focused and we have a multidisciplinary approach to patients’ health care. We aim to deliver the best for our patients by combining the skills of the practice team with other health and social care workers in the community.
We provide modern health care facilities and focus on continually improving the health of our patients and residents of the community.
This website is aimed at providing you the important information about our practice, our services and our staff in addition to some other useful information and tools available for you to use. Please have a look around and send us any comments or suggestions if you like. We can use your comments and ideas to improve our online services and develop the content of this site accordingly.
Proposed merger of Oxford Terrace & Rawling Road Medical Group
Dr Krishnan’s Surgery
Oxford Terrace & Rawling Road Medical Group and Dr Krishnan’s Surgery are applying for a full merger of the two named GP practices. After many years of dedicated service to the community Dr Krishnan has decided to retire. Dr Krishnan is very keen to ensure his patients continue to receive the excellent care that they have always had and he feels that a merger with Oxford Terrace & Rawling Road Medical Group will provide this.
Services would be offered from the two sites below:
- 1 Rawling Road, Bensham, Gateshead, NE8 4QS (0.1 mile or 76 yards from the current site)
- 1 Oxford Terrace, Bensham, Gateshead, NE8 1RQ (0.6 mile or 1056 yards from current site)
Patients will be able to book an appointment to be seen at either of the above surgery premises. Parking is available at both sites. The existing practice boundaries will remain unchanged. It is anticipated that the proposed merger will increase the range of services provided and benefits for our patients, which will include, but not be limited to:
- Improved access with the choice of appointments at either site;
- Option to book appointments with female GP’s if desired;
- A choice of 15 doctors with different interests. For example: dermatology, minor surgery, family planning, musculoskeletal conditions, heart conditions, chest conditions like Asthma and COPD;
- Care provided by an expert multidisciplinary team;
- Community Nursing and Health Visiting services will remain the same; and;
- The surgery has extended opening hours including: opening until 7.30pm on Monday, 7am opening on Thursday and Saturday morning 9am to 12.30pm.
A 12 week communication and engagement is in process with patients, staff and all key stakeholders with a view to merging on 31st December 2019. If you require any further clarification please do not hesitate to contact the Practice Manager Teresa Graham Tel 0191 4909028 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively if you would like to talk to an independent body, you can liaise directly with Healthwatch on 0191 477 0033 or email email@example.com
NAMED ACCOUNTABLE GP
From 1 April 2015, practices are required under the GMS contract, to allocate a named, accountable GP to all patients, including children. All patients registered at our surgery are allocated to a named GP. Please ask at your appointment or at reception who your named GP is. Should you express a wish for this to be changed to another GP we will do our best to accomodate your wishes.
Please be aware that this does not affect your ability to make an appointment with any of the GPs in the practice of your choosing. We recommend you do continue to see your usual or preferred GP as continuity of care is important.
FLU CAMPAIGN 2019
If you or anyone in your household is a patient at Oxford Terrace & Rawling Road Medical Group and eligible for a flu vaccination we strongly recommend you make arrangements to have your vaccination. You are eligible to receive a free flu vaccine if you:
- are 65 years of age or over (including those who will be 65 by March 31st 2020
- are pregnant (including women who become pregnant during the flu season)
- have a chronic medical condition, e.g. heart problems, diabetes, chest conditions, kidney disease, hepatitis, chronic neurological conditions; sickle cell disease, a weak immune system and others;
- are in receipt of a Carers Allowance, or you are the main Carer for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill
If you would like to make an appointment to receive your flu vaccination, please contact our Reception staff who will book this.
Tel: 0191 4772169
Changes to Service
Collection of prescriptions
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL DATA SAFE!
Due to new government legislation (GDPR) we are reviewing our processes for dealing with patient information. From 1 August 2018 you will no longer be able to send a representative to collect your prescription without prior provision of written consent which we will note on your records.
You may wish to sign up to the Electronic Prescription Service which allows electronic transfer of your prescription direct to a pharmacy of your choice.
Please ask at reception who will arrange this for you.
NEWCASTLE VIKINGS – WALKING HANDBALL
Starting in Oct.
Benfield Sport Centre
LOW-IMPACT SESSIONS FOR
ANYONE WISHING TO BE
MORE ACTIVE REGARDLESS OF AGE, EXPERIENCE OR FITNESS LEVEL
RELAXED, FUN, SOCIAL
Drop-in Sessions! FREE